Monday, July 21, 2008

Jason Betz Joins PedalPlay's Team





Scott,

First, I want to again say thank you for extending me the offer of sponsorship. You and I both know that because of my uncanny ability to destroy bicycle components, there could be no better sponsor for me than PedalPlay. I will certainly do my best to be a great representative for your shop.

My first race under the PedalPlay flag went very well. That is, if slamming into a tree super hard while warming up, and flying over the bars into rocks on a screaming fast downhill section is considered going very well. Even with the carnage, I managed to finish in fourth place, which in the SERC series meant standing on their five deep-podium. (Well, next to the standard podium.) The race started at the top of Cheaha Mountain, which is Alabama's highest point. The first half of the course was mostly downhill, which was both extremely fun and fear inducing. The fear came not from the speed, but the realization that there had to be some serious climbing to come. The second half of the race HURT. I'm not sure if I'd ever climbed that much in a race before. Three laps meant three times the agony. When it was over, I was completely wasted. Lungs, legs, and heart were well done. I can't wait until next year!

I am attaching a few pics for you. The first four are from Bump 'n Grind at Oak Mountain, the next two are from my first SERC race at Raccoon Mountain in TN (DNF), and the last are from Cheaha Mountain.

My sincere thanks again go out to you for the sponsorship.

Jason Betz

No comments: