Tuesday, October 06, 2009
BRBC is partnering with Louisana State Parks for the Fall Century
BRBC is partnering with Louisana State Parks for the Fall Century, Sunday 11 October from Centenary College in Jackson (4 blocks north of LA-10 on LA-952).
We have rest stops at Audubon State Park (Oakley) and Rosedown which have tours availalbe (and are included with the ride), plus two more traditional SAGS's and a roving SAG.
Port Hudson will have a Civil War cannon demonstration at 12:00 after the ride. Quarter, Half and Metric century routes have time to tour each of the parks, and still make it back to Centenary for a the traditional BRBC post ride meal. (Pastalaya, Taco Soup, Black Beans and Rice, Drinks and Dessert)
Site opens at 7 AM, and enter by the north gate. Preregister on line at Active.com or at the event. (save $5 by registering on line)
Please visit website for links. http://www.batonrougebikeclub.com/
Maps provided at registration, and available on the club website for the curious.
Directions from Baton Rouge:
1. Take I-110 North to Hwy 61 (Scenic Hwy) At the intersection of Hwy 61 and I-110 take a right on Hwy 61 (north) towards St. Francisville/Natchez, MS.
2. Continue on Hwy 61 to LA-68. Turn right onto LA 68 (LA 68 is south of St. Francisville).
3. Continue on LA-68 until it intersects with Hwy 10 at the red light. Turn left onto LA-10
4. Watch your speed through Jackson, then at the hill after the "bottom" turn right on College Street LA-952. Centenary College will be 4 blocks past the turn on the right.
5. Pass the college, and enter via the north gate. (Watch for BRBC Century banner)