If you are looking for a better way to train this season, want to know your VO2max, Lactate Thresholds, and Power Output surrounding these zones, then we have the study for you!
Please read the following study details below on how to test your cycling abilities this year!
Pennington Biomedical Research Center is conducting a study on the behalf of Gatorade Sports Science to examine the effectiveness of a dietary supplement on cycling performance.
Goals of the study:
One: To determine whether a new dietary ingredient will increase the use of body fat during exercise.
Two: To examine whether those using the supplement will increase 20 km time trial (TT) performance after a period of strenuous exercise.
Who is eligible?
• Men between 18 and 35 years of age
• Capable of attaining a V02 max: 50 ml/kg/min. This would be equivalent to a good Category IV or Category III+ rider.
• Must be willing to commit to a testing protocol that will last -40-days.
What the test entails:
The following tests will be performed before and after four (4) weeks of supplementation:
• A V02max test with the determination of VO2max, lactate thresholds and the corresponding power output associated with each.
• A two (2) hour ride at an established percentage of your lactate threshold. Several blood samples will be taken during this portion of the test; however, we will take no muscle
• A 20 km TT to see how fast you can complete the TT.
Upon completion of the study you will receive:
• A full report detailing your V02max, lactate threshold, heart rates, and power outputs associated with your test.
• A report detailing your time to complete each time trial along with your average heart rate and average power output during each test.
• Various schwag courtesy of Gatorade
If you are interested in participating in our study please contact me directly.
If you know of someone who might be interested in the trial, please forward this to them.
Exercise Testing Core - Research Associate
Gatorade Performance Study - Coordinator
Pennington Biomedical Research Center
6400 Perkins Road, Baton Rouge, LA 70808
Direct: (225) 763-2924
Fax: (225) 763-0905