Wednesday, September 13, 2006






it's late, 12:15 AM Wednesday I think? We rode Gemini bridge today and was about 16 miles back to camp site. The fun thing about this trail is it's on a fire road down hill for about 14 miles! Fast, what, my computer said 40 mph! The trail had a lot of sand, rocks, switch backs and a killer 2 mile climb at the end. Brett Putnam and I where climbing strong, swapping pulls up front trying to drop each other, at one part of the climb, it was at about 29% grade, and it hurt. We survived and waited at the top for Eric Chapman, Phil Putnam, and Buddy Ritchie before descending at a way to fast pace, big rocks, wash outs and sandy switch backs at top speed. Tre' would be proud. As I get towards the bottom of the mountain, it's Brett right behind me and with Eric a minute later kicking up some dust on us. We all had these big grins on our face because we all cheated death once again. I am at awe how every trail is in its own and is different from each other. Man, I love this place. Tomorrow morning (6 AM) we leave for Park City Utah to ride some trails right out of buddy Ritchie's back yard. Some people are so lucky. I should have better access to the net their to give some more details of the trip. Until then, enjoy the picks!

No comments: